CheckThatVIN™ From CARCO
Before You Begin, Check That VIN!
CheckThatVIN is the accurate one-stop site for trusted used car VIN searches and used car title history information.
Unlike other used vehicle VIN history sites, CheckThatVIN.com uses an advanced, powerful tool that allows you to access the National Motor Vehicle Title Information System (NMVTIS) to check an automobile’s title history, including its reported odometer readings. You can also determine whether the used vehicle has ever been labeled as junk, salvage, or flood vehicle. These situations are more common than you think. It’s been reported that Superstorm Sandy spawned more than 240,000 totaled vehicles. Know what you’re buying!
What a Report Includes
A CheckThatVIN report pulls data from the National Motor Vehicle Title Information System (NMVTIS). At only $3.50 per report, it’s the smart resource for anyone looking for some peace of mind when buying a used car.
Title and Brand Information
A “brand” is recorded on a vehicle’s title if it was ever junked, salvaged, rebuilt, flooded, etc. There are many different types of brands.
NMVTIS information from state motor vehicle departments, including:
- Vehicle Identification Number (VIN)
- States in which the vehicle has been titled
- Dates that the titles were issued (if available)
- Year, make, and model of the vehicle
- Odometer readings as of the titling dates
NMVTIS information from insurance companies, including:
- Name, address, and contact information of the reporting insurance companies
- Date the vehicle was obtained by the insurance companies, or the dates it was designated as a Junk, Salvage, and Insurance (JSI) total loss.
Check a VIN with CheckThatVIN.
Our Full Suite of Fraud Prevention Services
- NMVTIS for Insurance.
NMVTIS is the premier publicly available system in the U.S. to report vehicle title data.
- Driver Monitoring.
CARCO’s SafeRIDE Certified is an independent objective third-party vetting service that monitors the driver and the car that riders use for app-based rideshare services.