CARCO's Reality TV Contestant Vetting
Taking the Necessary Measures to Protect Your Reputation
Some people said Reality Television was a fad. They were wrong. Reality TV is everywhere. In fact, almost every channel or station has at least one reality –based show. While these shows can deliver huge ratings and the kind of next-day water cooler conversation some Public Relations professionals can only dream about, they can also deliver garish unwanted publicity.
That is why it is imperative to take the necessary steps to investigate every potential contestant for your Reality programming. It is a valuable and necessary way to protect your reputation. And in some cases, a show’s reputation is as important as the on-screen content itself. The wrong contestant—after being embraced by potentially millions of enthusiastic fans—may cause a Public Relations nightmare.
CARCO can deliver the answers to all of your questions, including the most important one—
Are they who they claim to be?
CARCO is perfectly positioned to assist you in your contestant vetting investigations, which may include one or more of the following services:
- Standard Background Search - This could consist of on-site court criminal and civil record review at the local, state, and federal levels, driving history, media review, property review, employment verification, education verification, sex offender registry search, and statewide public records search. Other searches are available and can be conducted depending on your customized requirements.
- Telephonic Interview - These interviews are with family members, friends, and co-workers and are intended to develop an in-depth portrait of a prospective contestant.
- Internet Search - What will be found on the Internet? Possibly an innocent tax-related document that suggests a past criminal act, an e-mail address that links a contestant to a porn site, or maybe a "MySpace" page that suggests a darker and more sinister side to a contestant's personality. Without performing an Internet search, you may never fully know the person.
- Financial & Document Review - This consists of client-requested documents such as a contestant’s history, financial paperwork, and other information specific to the program. It is a variation of a time-honored forensic technique that asks the same question multiple times, but in different ways, and then analyzes the answers given. Often, identified differences suggest little more than a minor and honest variation in the truth—however, they can also be warning signs that the truth is being withheld!
- Customized Reporting - How is the information uncovered by CARCO best presented? Sometimes in a narrative format that tells the whole story. Other times it is presented in tabular format so the client can focus on the data commonalities. When the data is so convoluted that putting it into words does the information a disservice, CARCO can generate a link analysis or graphical analysis to effectively present the data in the most coherent way.
CARCO Group - Reality TV Contestant Vetting
17821 E 17th Street, Suite 160
Tustin, CA 92780
CARCO, setting the standard for accurate and reliable screening for 35+ years.